Q: What does this camp offer?
- Personalized instruction for boys from qualified, experienced college coaches and players.
- A high-intensity program combining technical progressions, tactical sessions, and 11v11 games each evening.
- Low camper to staff ratio!
- Fields on NU's Campus, including the Wildcat's Lakeside Field. (There is an indoor facility in case of lightning or rain)
- Innovative and challenging training sessions.
Q: What if my child is a goalkeeper?
A: Our goalkeeper Director, Ovidio Felcaro, is recognized as one the nation’s top goalkeeper trainers. With professional playing and coaching experience, along with international experience coaching at the highest levels including the World Cup in 1994, Ovidio uses his knowledge and tremendous personality to make goalkeeper training at the Northwestern Boy’s Soccer Camp a very memorable experience.
A: Residential/Commuter Camp is for players in Grades 4-8 and 9-12. The older group at this camp will consist of high school boys who are focused on developing their individual play.
The College Soccer Training Center is for players aged high school through college. Players who hope to play in college or become better for their high school/club seasons should apply for the College Soccer Training Center as it is representative of a college preseason and challenges the players to raise their level of play.
Warning: The College Soccer Training Center is a very intense camp! You should have a deep love of soccer and enjoy competing against the some of the nation's best players
Q: What grade should I list when registering ?
A: List the grade he will be in when attending the camp. If it is a summer camp, list the grade he will be in at the start of the 2017-18 academic year. For all other camps, list the current grade.
Q: What is Coerver Coaching and which camps will they be at?
A: Coerver Coaching has been dedicated to developing skillful, confident, creative and knowledgeable soccer players for over thirty years. Training for all ages will focus on developing individual skill. They will be all Day Camps and the Residential/Commuter Camp.
Q: Where are the dorms in relation to the fields? Are they air-conditioned ?
A: The dorms are located just a short walk to the fields and the cafeteria is in the adjacent dorm. Some camps require 1/2 mile or more walks to get to the cafeteria - not this one!!! Air-conditioning after a long day at training definitely feels good and is necessary to cool the body down for the next day's training. THERE ARE NO REFRIGERATORS IN THE DORMS but there is free wifi for all campers.
More info on Coerver Training? Click on this link!
Q: Which forms do I bring to registration?
- Medical Form. Please bring the medical form to the first day of camp and hand it into our staff at Check-In with your insurance information and signature. We have a certified trainer on staff if you want to inform us of any conditions before camp begins.
- You can download a medical form off of the home page of our camps
Q: Is there a deadline to register?
- Acceptance is on a first-come, first-serve basis, due to limited overnight space.
- The camps do sell out! Reserve space as soon as possible.
- Full payment is due three weeks before the start of camp. We cannot guarantee roommate assignments if you sign up later than this.
Q: Is there a penalty if I register last-minute?
- Yes. Due to the preparation involved in all of our summer camps, any registration received later than 72 hours prior to the start of camp will be assessed a $25 Late Registration Fee.
Q: What if I need to cancel my registration?
- Your registration fee, less a credit for a future camp, will be refunded if you cancel your registration. That fee is determined as follows:
- - One Day Camp: $25 credit to a future camp
- Holiday Camp: $50 credit to a future camp
- Winter Academy: $75 credit for a future camp
- Half Day and Full Day Camp: $100 credit for future camp
- Commuter Camp: $150 credit for future camp
- CSTC and Residential Camp: $150 credit for a future camp
- - One Day Camp: $25 credit to a future camp
- If you cancel your registration but would like to attend future camps, full payment will be awarded as a credit towards future camps.
- Campers who leave during the week due to illness or injury will receive a prorated refund minus the $150 non-refundable fee
- Any Cancellations within 14 days of the start of camp will receive a CREDIT ONLY to a future camp and no cash/credit card refunds will be issued!
Q: What is the $250 key deposit?
- The Office of Conference Planning at Northwestern University (rather than the camp itself) requires the deposit. It is Northwestern University policy and not the policy of the camp.
- The key deposit is required for residential campers only.
- The check will be returned at the end of camp as long as your keys are handed in; checks will only be cashed if the keys are lost.
- Since Northwestern uses digital security system to ensure the safety of its students, it is very expensive to replace lost keys. The Office of Conference Planning (Housing and Food Services) at Northwestern University requires the deposit and not the Northwestern Boy's Soccer Camp.
- This has to be a separate check made payable to: Northwestern University.
Q: How can I check on my outstanding balance?
- Please log into your camp registration account using the following link: Account Login
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our Armed Services Discount.
- School physicals are not necessary. Please submit a completed copy of our Medical Form. You can find a copy of our Medical Form on the home page of our camp website. Please bring completed medical forms to first day Check-In.
Q: What if my son gets injured at camp?
- Professional athletic trainers are on duty at all times and hospital services are always available.
- We are a fully insured camp, but you must provide your own medical insurance.
- The camp staff assumes no responsibility for accidents or illness. You agree to this when you sign your medical form and waiver.
- Please contact our staff should your son get injured during camp to discuss potential camp credits.
Q: Any free stuff?
- All summer campers will receive a Northwestern Soccer Camp t-shirt.
- Attendees of our Day Camps and Residential/Commuter Camp also receive a ball.
- CSTC attendees should bring their own ball for training
Q: Where will I stay and what are the meal arrangements?
- NU Residence Halls will be used for residential camps. Dorms are located in close proximity to the fields and the cafeteria. This year we are in Bobb-McCulloch Hall
- Any meals that are included in the camp will also take place in NU Residence Hall Cafeterias.
- Pizza is provided for a small fee for lunch for the Day Camp and at registration of the overnight camps.
Q: Is a team or Northwestern employee discount available?
A: A team discount is available at $50 per camper with a minimum of 10 kids from one team for CSTC, Residential/Commuter Camps. There is a $25 (day camp) or $50 (overnight camp) discount for Northwestern employees (not to be combined with other discounts). Please call 847-467-1312 for more details.
Q: If I am staying overnight what should I bring to camp?
A: Pack according to the schedule of three sessions a day and how much you want to change your soccer clothes. Northwestern Office of Conference Planning no longer provides linens for their clients (That's us). Camper is responsible for all linens and toiletries. Note: Dorm beds are Twin XL
Here is a list of mandatory items and suggested items:
|Suggested Packing List
||Suggested Packing List
|Soccer shoes (molded preferably)
Training Clothes (3 sessions/day)
No shirts with other colleges names on them :-(
Indoor shoes / Flats/ Sneakers/ Tennis Shoes
Water Bottle (Water/Gatorade provided at field)
Soccer Ball for CSTC
$250 Key Deposit Check for all overnight
campers (check is not cashed)
Twin XL Sheets
Great Attitude :-)
Have a question not answered above? Contact Northwestern Boy's Soccer Camps
Is it getting close to camp and you haven't received any information ? Please check your spam or junk folders for emails from email@example.com